View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #868
MZRider
Neo-Luddite

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Great photos SCJ! I have a real soft spot for Xl350s..... My first real motorcycle was a 1974, silver tank with a blue stripe on top.
I never had one but always had wood for those XTs too.

Hawbottom is rougher than any "legal" road in Michaux. It's short but a friggin blast.

I was trying to remember what I was doing on the 20th instead of riding my XT500. Oh yeah, I was up at the PVR Swapmeet in York buying this:

It's a '97 CCM 350. Another "oddball" that uses the old air-cooled Rotax engine. Very much like an English cousin to my ATK.

I'd really like to get a bunch of us guys with old XTs, XLs and such together for a ride sometime. Would be great fun to ride in a group of old thumpers!

@Jax - I think Biesecker Gap in southern Michaux is far rougher than Hawbottom - at least it is on my XT500. Hawbottom is fun, I avoid Biesecker if at all possible.

Mark your calendars now for June 9th - the date of the "South Mountain 130" dual-sport ride. Starts in Waynesboro with breakfast at the Mountain Gate Restaurant and ends in Mountaindale (on the edge of the Frederick Co. watershed). Free to participate. Had a great time last year.
'88 Ducati Paso, '91 ATK 604
'94 MZ Silver Star, '96 CCM 350
MZRider is offline   Reply With Quote