View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #4020
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
+1 on the Xcreen. I LOVE mine. I've had it on for a little over a week now and it's terrific. I have the clamp-on option which adds a lot of weight at the top of the screen so it does get wobbly over rough terrain when the "wing" is fully up, but otherwise it has made a big difference for me. I love the fact that it can go from adding about 2" to the top of my screen (which when fully up I can still see over both) to "barn door mode" and add about 6" to the overall height of my stock screen and provides me with a bubble of quiet and calm. When fully up I can ride on the freeway with my visor up with no problem up to about 80mph, then other sources of wind start creeping in from around the sides of the main screen. It's also adjustable with the flick of a few tabs, no tools needed. When I get brave I'll probably drill my screen and permanently mount my Xcreen, but for now I'm leaving it clamped in place.

-SM
SM, I was just looking at the MRA wing on Twisted Throttle. Would you recommend the permanent bolt on option? Where did you get yours?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote