View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #68
Rainman901
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Twisty road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Rainman, I started plotting out a route that ties together the new paved twisty road in LBL to 232. That should be a fun ride. I think that the new road in LBL is even more fun than 232.

I'm seeing Piney @ $12 a night, same as the other locations. Divide it up by 2 and it's $6 each. I have no problem with Piney or Turkey Bay. Was thinking along the lines of Troy, choosing something more centralized and less populated. Piney gets packed quickly, at least the electric loops that my in-laws RV on.

If we stay at Turkey Bay, would we have to pay to camp and to ride there, even if we don't ride there? That'd be bad for anyone that doesn't want to ride there. I've not ridden there before so might give the big loop a go, but I'm not a very big technical rider myself.
I believe that it is called Lake Front Road. At least that's what Google calls it. Can't find a name on my LBL map. That is definitely a sweet road. One warning I would have regarding it. It seems that on all of those wonderful curves for some reason people in their cages or hunting trucks like to ride the edge and throw gravel right in the apex. Not the best thing to come up on while trying to enjoy a curvy road. It's still fun as hell though. I would be more than happy to do a little RECON prior to the GTG to see the status and point out any Oh Sh!t spots. At least by May all the leaves should be off the road and the corners.

I would agree that Piney can get crowded. Like I said, it's an option. It's all good.........

2012 DL650 Wee Strom,
Rainman901 is offline   Reply With Quote