View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #348
Les_Garten
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Rider View Post
Les, charger advertizing and promises of "hope" are as bad as oil additive snake oil ads. I am amazed what junk some of the well known charger manufacturers sell, and high priced at that.

We tested several chargers here at our Defense labs and the Xantrex TrueCharge 2 was by far the best. We bought a slew of them. And when I say "tested", we tested all aspects of them; current, voltages, temperature compensation, fault and alarm indications, etc.

They are available in various outputs. Note only the 20, 40 and 60 amp units can take a remote battery temperature sensor (most chargers put them in the charger ) and the remote panel enabling you to reduce the max current rate.

These aren't toys and as a result cost a few hundred dollars. But they do handle all types of batteries: FLA, AGM, GEL, Pb-Ca.

I have some pics here.

From the home of the plain old low-tech flooded lead acid battery, now in its 14th year and still starting my car at -20F.

Thanx for that. I was aware of that charger and that it was rated pretty well. Finding a place that does good reviews of this type of charger is hard to find. And most of this stuff is Rebadged Reptile renderings as was noted.

Do you kow of a good website for this type of battery related stuff? Car batterries as well?

What did you think of that CTEK charger?

Les_Garten screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 07:48 AM
Les_Garten is offline   Reply With Quote