View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #7190
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 929
Trail tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten.98 View Post
Destroyed my stock instrument cluster while on an enduro ride this weekend. Looks like the stock replacement is around $330. Also looking at the trail tech voyager as a possible replacement. Would save me about $50. Has anyone else put one of these on their 690 yet? It doesn't look like they make a model specific version, which would mean you would have to run separate leads for all of the monitoring and bypass the stock wiring harness. Not sure how I feel about that. Also, I'm guessing theres no low fuel indicator or Fault Indicator lamp access as well.

The FI I'm not as concerned about, but lack of LFI would be troubling. Anyone know if there's a way to rig a separate LFI lamp outside of the stock instrument cluster?

I did the same thing a few years back and looked at that model also. I got a different one though. After a year usin it, not using it on the bike would not recommend it. Took it off this winter and won't put it back on. There is no low fuel light. The rpm sensor is just a wire wrapped around the plug wire. Not unhappy with it but... Rather just have my Montana as my speedo etc. bigger and better then that unit I would think.
I have a trail tech vapour I think
But that's my 2 cents but have to give a nickel cuz we got rid of the Pennie lol.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin

StepOnIt screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 06:36 PM
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote