View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #1891
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
I don't disagree. But I also don't think it is an insurmountable problem. My X-Challenge was a one year run bike. The aftermarket is nothing like that of a DR650, KLR or F650. But really, beyond a skid plate and racks, most other things are fairly universal. OEM parts will be around for a bit. Maybe finding a fender 10 years from now will be tough or expensive, but if you get 10 years with what you feel is a great bike, you'll deal with the minor frustration.

Maybe next year there will be a KTM engine in it, or maybe they will work out a licensing agreement with BMW/Loncin/Rotax. But even if they don't, I think there will be a lot of happy Terra owners years from now knowing they grabbed a gem of a bike while they could.
I agree with what you said and believe that the Terra is a sweet bike, i looked at them alot just because of the low price tag (low is a relative term). It seems to be a capable, large displacement thumper... we need more of those around i think. I would just be skeptical of buying one in fear that they wouldnt be supported in the future and Husky is getting kicked around more than a soccer ball. I hope they keep them around and support them for a long time, i just dont want them to be like many other bikes (old husa's for example) that become scarier to ride in fear of a breakdown with little parts support. I want to reiterate how much i like the idea of a terra tho!