View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #14707
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostyman View Post
Re: lack of oil

Get one of the screw-in thermometers that replace the dipstick. I ordered one on eBay, cost about $30 shipped from Germany.

I've had one on my bike for a bit and I usually see about 80-120C depending on ambient temperature and how quickly I'm moving. I mainly use the gauge as a way to make sure I've got enough oil in the bike. If it doesn't rise above 40c after a few minutes of riding, it probably needs to be topped off.
where'd ya get one of these at? lol

the time is upon me to start getting the bike ready for rippin shit up. The rear of the bike is good to go! (SHAKE AND BAKE!!) the front it my main priority here..pretty much from handlebars down! On my list of stuff i have: New front tire, bearings, Tube, Brake pads, Rotor, oil change, Throttle tube, grips, and some plastic covers for my brush busters. (also need to mount my "headlight crash cage" that i bought, but doesnt fit real well with the brush busters...) If anyones got suggestions on Rotor/pad combos, let me know. Also suggestions on a good front tire that'll hold its ground on the road, and on the dirt...gonna run my 606 rear for a while this year till everything dries up then ill switch over to my Kenda to finish it off and replace this fall. so...if anyones got good links on tires, brakes, rotors, hit me with em! Thanks boys!! Woooot!

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa

mustangwagz screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 03:53 PM Reason: needed to say more shit!
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote