View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #53
BetaRambo
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
Bob - I'm all ears if you've had any feedback on this. The rear shock is pretty poor. I've heard of guys retrofitting MTB stuff, just haven't done any homework on it. Ridenm indicates that there are accessory shocks and springs available from Oset. I'd be curious if they actually have any rebound damping, etc.
The biggest upgrade I ever did on the rear suspension was to loosen the swingarm bolts. It turns out the first generation bikes got too much torque on them at the factory which pretty well made them hardtails for lightwieght kids.

All of the upgrades Oset sells (as far as I know) are just different springs. The shock is all the same.

The 20" however, has a rebound adjustable shock. It looks pretty similar in size so it might fit, but I have not tried it. My recomendation would be to bring it to a friendly bicycle shop and see if they can help you out. Bringing the Oset in is sure to start some conversation!

I know Rick Keffer had an air shock on his kid's bike for a while but I am not sure how it worked for him in the long term. In the short term he reported that it was really slick. I am sure it worked better than it did for Ryan Dungy the other night!
BetaRambo is offline   Reply With Quote