View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #7629
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
Speaking of weight... anyone weigh the KLX? I'm wondering if there really is a 15 lb difference between the 2007 & 2009 models...
I weighed my 2010, and with a CycleRacks rack, an Acerbis 3.7 gal gas tank full of gas, two tool tubes with one of 'em full of tubes, it came in at like 301 or 302 lbs. That was on a pair of decent-quality bathroom scales (one under each wheel), with the weighs added together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Hey guys,
Has anyone done serious ADV travels on this bike? Links to Ride Reports?
Can you carry panniers on the KLX? ... or only Giant Loop type bags? Not seen any pics of KLX with soft panniers.
How much weight can the sub frame handle in terms of load while riding on very bad roads and dirt wash board ... 8 hours a day, for weeks?

I'm impressed by the 351cc engine up grades. Sounds like an incredible improvement. I've noticed a few guys with 5000 miles or so ... any high mileage examples yet of the 351?

How about high mileage stock KLX's? Could a KLX make a trip of 20,000 miles and survive? carrying a load on rough roads / some off road?
I've seen a few people do long, loaded rides. I know Happy-Trail makes racks for it to carry the small E21 Givi side cases. I have the CycleRacks (.com) rack on mine which is nice 'n wide and can carry a lot of stuff, though I haven't yet been able to get all of my camping gear on the bike to really try an overnight trip, though others have. I wish I could remember the username of the guy who has posted lots of trip reports... Redpillar? Here, this is a search for threads started by him in Ride Reports:

http://advrider.com/forums/search.php?searchid=22690842

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320 For Sale!
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote