View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
pirate63 OP
SUPA 10 PILOT

Oddometer: 443
Releasing the bike....

We had a phone from the shipping agent to say the bike was out of customs and we could collect it.
This was late in the afternoon so we said we would be there first thing in the morning.
Have fuel I had to source a fuel container to take fuel to the bike,our BB host came up with a 5lt water container, it would have to do.
We hired a taxi to take us to shipping agents warehouse stopping off at a petrol station to fill the container, quick rinse with a bit of fuel to get rid of a bit of water and we were good to go.
up here to get pass into customsFirst of all we had to surrender are passports at the custom gate to receive a pass to get in, where we were met by our agent who walked us to his warehouse, when we walked in I spied our crate with the lid off and the bike
And our gear safely stashed inside.
up here to get pass into customsThe agent then informed us he couldn't release the bike without Malaysian road tax and Insurance.....
Ok where do we get that?
About a hour away, but we had no transport or any idea where to go , so the agent offered to take us.
Waiting for insuranceWell we went to first insurance office, no good so on to next agent just down the road,we finally got it after about two hours and we can't get temp road tax until we got this and the road tax is issued about another hour away.it is now 2.30 and the tax office shuts at 4.00
We get there just in time and its quickly issued, thank god for that!......
We now have to drive back to the custom warehouse and we arrive about 5.30 .
Its in here....

Where we Opening up....
Nearly out.....

a dozen helpers help rip the crate open,they didn't have a proper Torx screwdriver!.......
Connecting battery....
Thank you.....The bike was released and I set about connecting battery up, poured fuel in and fired the bike up first go, relief.....
We put the alum luggage boxes on, I couldn't be bothered with the mirrors and wind shield, I was so hot and tired I just wanted to get out of there and get back to Bb,my brain was frazzled
So a stop at the custom gate to show everything was stamped we were out on to the road.
What a great feeling of riding my own bike in a foreign country,
We than can set off tomorrow with a freedom to go where we like when we like……
pirate63 is offline   Reply With Quote