View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #88
dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 576
I'm not in the industry but have been riding and observing for many decades. Honestly, I think the diversity and size of the US market (it is big, if not as big as India/Thailand/China) results in a different mix of models sold here. For every KLE or TransAlp not sold here, there are a lot of small dirt-only bikes and quads and side-by-sides that are imported and supported, that probably aren't available in many other parts of the world. I live in an area with a lot of bikes and riders - KTM to to MV Agusta to Harley, and except for a few locations that attract big ADVs and sport bikes, I still see mostly cruisers and mostly Harleys, and the Japanese dealership floors are full of dirt bikes and ATVs. Over on the TR650 thread, people are questioning why the new Husky ownership would drop this "popular" bike. I live in a town with a Husky dealership and see 610's and 630's on the streets several times a week, but have yet to see a TR650 on the road, only in front of the dealer and at the bike show.

We (the type of rider on this forum) all wanted CB400F's and RZ350's and TDM's and TransAlps and Seca 650's, but we didn't buy enough of them. Let's enjoy what we do have and the fact that at least the Euro manufacturers do seem to import most of their range.

-dman
dman is offline   Reply With Quote