View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly_moose View Post
Thanks it's not the Bike...
I appreciate your help. But i have already googled about the bike...
I was just looking for a more indepth look than what is posted on the search engines.
maybe some owners feed back of things they like and dislike about it.
But you already knew that since you know i'm lazy. and thanks for not having anything else better to do than reply to my post you dumb ass
There is a sticky thread at the top of Thumpers forum called "Bike Specific Index Thread". Open that and you'll find an RFS Index Thread which contains a selection of previous posts from Advrider on your bike. The "525 as an adventure bike" thread contains tons of information. Use the "search this thread" function to search for topics within it. As already wsuggested, the RFS forum at KTMTalk is the best source of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
Oshiat,
Can you elaborate on "decent" pair of wrap around radiator guards? I too picked up title for new to me 05 450EXC, and just removed tank. They are on there rather flimsily. Plenty of "billet", and ton's of other variations, Do any of them provide real protection to rad's? Once price gets close to $100, I can easily fab much more substantial guards WITH bracing.
The Bullet Proof Designs guards are the strongest. Some people claim their design (which replaces the stock plastic louvres) reduces airflow. I've never noticed but if you are concerned you may be better off with one of the tubular designs from say Enduro Engineering, of course they only protect against a side impact. Go read up over at ktmtalk, must be hundreds of threads there on this topic, might need a six pack
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote