View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
Oldenough2knowbetter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Good report, Tarka

Despite the rain and the mud we had a crack this weekend. Sitting round the fire watching 'hippy guy' charging off on his quad-bike everytime someone let a firework off. He must have blown a gasket when he saw our little 'event' by the lakeside

I still reckon that site is a really good one. You can't beat a good crapper with hot running water. They were too popular on sunday morning and the queue stretched out the door.
I walked round to the tap to wash the mud off my boots to be met with a river of turds flowing through the dishwashing area with 'hippy guy' poking at a manhole with long rubber gloves on. I guess his job isn't so cool now

Our trip back down the A470 was VERY wet in true tradition of the Dragon, but after a full english at the Strand in Rhyadr
I wasn't bothered. The rain only stopped as we crossed the old Severn bridge.

I'll keep going as long as there is a dragon rally. Despite the rain, the mud and the misery it's just too much fun to miss.

Oh, one last thing, Nigel is not my son, he's my co-pilot, drinking buddy and mishief-maker. He's only ten years younger than me you cheeky sod!!

Next year............
Oldenough2knowbetter is offline   Reply With Quote