Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
Croak
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
I had to look that up.

1) You're a nerd
2) Apparently, you're right. But the OP isn't as big of a nerd as you. In his blog, he refers to that area being where they filmed Star Wars. But only a full on nerd (see #1 above) would know the formal name of Luke Skywalker's boyhood home.
Star Wars had a profound effect on my life when I first saw it as a young teen in the late 70's. I wanted to be a fighter pilot because of it (since there were no courses of study for psychic battle monks, and heart-of-gold smuggler has a lot of downsides). Didn't make the eyesight grade for pilot, so I joined the Marines where I could be an enlisted navigator. They ended up making me a grunt, so while I never became psychic, I did become a mostly-celibate warrior, but that's another story.

Since I couldn't fly on my own dime, I took up motorcycle riding. And since I still couldn't be a psychic monk in real life, I took up gaming, which lead to a fairly successful career as a video game designer. So not only am I a nerd, I'm an Alpha Nerd, thanks to Star Wars. :)
Croak is offline   Reply With Quote