View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #158
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer: 1,229
Condition of highway 155 through Shirley Meadows?

I finally talked my wife into riding with me to Death Valley on the street bike so I want to make sure she has a good time.

We will be riding over highway 155 through Shirley Meadows and into Lake Isabella and then on highway 178 to Ridgecrest.

Then we will ride in Death Valley on Saturday and Sunday.

Has anyone recently been on highway 155 through Shirley Meadows? I'd like to know what condition the road is in and how much snow is on the side of the road. We will be riding through that area this Friday about 5:00 p.m. and I don't think there will be any ice on the road but would like to hear from anyone who has ridden it lately.

My wife decided recently to start riding with me again so I made a deal with her that if she would really ride with me, I would let her pick out the bike that is most comfortable for her while sitting behind me. We tested four street bikes, including the new BMW K1600LT, and after selling my BMW R1200GSA, which wasn't that comfortable for her, this is what she picked out. She wanted to know why I never bought one before. Now she loves to go riding with me and this will be our 4th trip. She is very comfortable and going longer distances is no problem for her now.

[IMG][/IMG]

P.S. We will be dressed warmer than in the picture. A happy wife = a happy life.........and I get to ride more.