View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #18
davidji
bike curious

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Just FYI, the seat to peg relationship on the Versys is identical to the ER-6n/Ninja 650, and the bar to seat postion is almost identical.
From my experience with both bikes (1st gen Ninja 650R, 2nd gen Versys) neither is true. www.cycle-ergo.com agrees. I don't know if later models of the Ninja 650R are more upright and less cramped at the leg, but I doubt the ergos have relaxed as much as the Versys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I ride a Versys, and would be just as comfy on the Ninja.
I loved the Ninja, and I traveled on it more than I have on my Versys. But the Versys is much more comfortable.

I do think the Ninja is well suited for distance though. If someone has comfort issues with it they should be easily fixable. Risers, lower pegs, new seat, etc. I didn't do any of those. But a new seat would have been welcome on at least one of my trips.

The current US model of the Ninja 650R doesn't seem to have provisions for mounting side cases. I think you have to drill out or replace plastic tail pieces to do it. If you want luggage you might check and make sure your model supports it.

Deciding between the ER6N or F for long distance, I'd expect better wind protection from the F, but I'd expect the N to be less affected by cross winds. I haven't ridden the N though. I'm sure either would work.

davidji is offline   Reply With Quote