View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #103
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 543
First order of business is to get oil. Went to the supermarket. Didn’t find oil but Alex got a new camera to replace the one he left in Troncones & Tequila. I got some oatmeal for future breakfasts and some beer. Found an autozone that doesn’t carry motorcycle oil. Then happened upon a half Yamaha half fishing/marine gear place. I got some Yamalube and Al bought a hand reel for ocean fishing.

Back at the hotel I got some breakfast and did some typing. Then on to do laundry. We sat in the heat for 25 minutos until the washer completed. Al grabbed the laundry and tossed in the machine just opposite the washer. Fed in the money, hit go, and the clothes are dancing in a torrent of water…..fuck all another 25 minutos later we get to the dryer. I walked down to the beach to kill some time.

While I was at the beach the JW's caught Alex in the laundry room. couple of women which I don't see nearly as much in the states.

With semi-dry clothes we hung them in the room and prepared for an oil change. Needless to say we made a mess in the hotel parking lot. Oops.

We saw fireworks and heard music during the oil change so we set off on foot and found out that it was the first day of “Carnival”. A multi-day festival celebrated immediately before Lent. Many people dress up or masquerade during the celebration. Puerto Escondido was no exception. There was a gaggle of tranny’s performing dance routines on the main stage. Things would have seemed out of place in America with all the Hispanic families eagerly watching on….quite entertaining.

Michalada street vendor:

Al trying to fit in:

The highlight of my evening was winning a chicken piggy bank for hitting balloons with darts. Cost me a dollar and felt bad for even taking anything. Figured I’d take it to a Mayan village in San Cristobal and give it to a kid.

The view from our balcony for $40/night

Romanousky is online now   Reply With Quote