View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #12
lane splitter
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Mexico City
Oddometer: 30
Originally Posted by SR View Post
With an FM visa you absolutely need a TVIP. You can get it renewed anually fairly easily without going to the border but you do need one. One vehicle per person!
I've had a different experience. Crossing the border, with my FM3, I say "I have an FM3", and they say "ok, go ahead".

I've never been asked for a permit, and from what I've read from official documents, showing my FM3 with the same name that the vehicle is registered to is considered a permit to use the vehicle.
gring0loc0 is offline   Reply With Quote