I've actually rode on a bit in Yuma, AZ after a trip to Baja. It was hard to jump from the XRR to a 250, but I didn't give it a fair shot. Just around the neighborhood a bit.
Things I instantly noticed:
1) They still aren't light. (about the same weight of the XRR I believe)
2) The power was missing, but that's not a huge issue.
3) Gearbox, although it has 6 gears, felt quite notchy. Dare I say almost cheap? Maybe it was just positive and not like the XRR I just finished riding 4000km's on.
4) Electric start, solid power generation, and a factory speedo/odo was luxury for me.
5) Pretty smooth if I remember correctly. I only got on it a few times.
Till I put more thought into this I'm not taking it overly seriously. If one comes up for cheap I might pick it up if I have the money laying around (
) but till then, I won't even entertain the thought until I see numbers in either low 4's or 3's.