View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #355
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
First off - I bought a Rig 700 Ballistic and I love it so far. It just oozes quality. Fit and finish are great. It is better made than any of my previous hydro packs. I have no real complaints at all and I can't wait to try it out. I plan to use it on hiking trips and on biking trips. This is going to be a good summer.

I bought the insulated drinking tube hoping to avoid or reduce that blast of hot water that normally builds up in the exposed tubing while out riding in the desert on a hot day.

http://www.geigerrig.com/hydration-p...rink-tube.html

But what showed up in the mail looks nothing like any of the pictures that I have found anywhere online. The tube that I ended up with has the normal twist on/off bite valve and the cap cover is different from the insulated drink tube shown on your website (the bite valve in all of the pictures that I can find are only push on/off and NOT the twist setup). And the hose itself is a thicker rubber material than the normal hose but this one is completely black. There is no soft cover like what you see in the pictures. The hose is labeled "Hydrapak" just like the original hose. It came in official Geigerrig packaging and has the correct part numbers (G3 011 BK).

Did you guys come out with a new insulated hose? I like it, but it was just not what I was expecting to get.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote