View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #86
Phreaky Phil
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecbrxx View Post
Hi Phil

When I first fitted the unit I did get some buffeting at speeds 120+kph. However, that was in fairly strong winds anyway. We have changed the geometry on my bike so it suits me and now, unless the weather is bad or there are other contributing factors, I haven't noticed any buffering at all. However, I don't usually travel over 140kph....and then only to get to the good riding places

As for noise....get better earplugs or turn the music up
Thanks for your reply. After playing around with various screens on different bikes over the years I have gotten a bit anal over windscreen created noise and buffeting. Even with earplugs in you can still hear a lot of the noise created by them (ever ridden a 990KTM, they are bad ) and currently have the stock headlight on my DR650, figured a screen vwasnt necessary on the TAT as it was mainly off road. But on the highway you get a lot of wind in the chest, which is tiring. The Brittania Composites unit looks cool and gives options for instuments to be mounted where they are easier to be seen and probably better headlights.
Cheers Phil
Phreaky Phil is online now   Reply With Quote