View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #3057
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
You could always put it past your wife to sell the ducati and with the same money buy a Vstrom and dual sport. Win-win.

At least you recognize it's not a dual sport, or even an adventure bike. You'd be surprised how many swear that bike is the "do it all wonder". They are nice bikes though. I'd get one for ADV Touring.

Sure, you can flog them down whatever you want. I used to ride the odd gravel road on a supersport bike. It's do-able, but I won't recommend it. haha.

It's more rewarding and most times cheaper to do the work yourself. The benefit here is you LEARN. Not only how to do it, but the mechanics of your bike. It's the first step to kicking dealerships and their 120$/hr charges.

KTM: Know The Mechanic
BMW: Bet on Mechancal Work
LOL - DesmoDab sold his Vstrom when he bought his Duc. It was the right decision for him and the riding he does. You can't compare a Strom to a MS12 for street riding .

He is also pretty mechanically adept - he did a gold valve install on the forks of the strom and posted an instructional how-to thread.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote