View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #148
AK Smitty OP
Self life coach

Oddometer: 319
A few forgotten highlights of Popayan and to Ipiales

Pawel's awesome burger at Pizza.net. Right across from our hotel.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We had also met up with Pete and Wim again in Popayan. They headed out of Popayan a day ahead of us. The next day i had an email from Pete saying that he left a hard drive at his hotel. We stopped by to retrieve the goods! It was an old sock for safety. Pete this will cost you a lot of beers!!

We had a night out in Popayan. There was a big tranny blowing fire everywhere and a midget host that ended up dancing on our table. I would say that classifies as a party!!!

Now for a great ride south to Ipiales

Met these two Colombian brothers out for a day ride from Pasto. Very nice guys. One on an Africa Twin and the other on a Tenere 660

Had a great talk with them on the side of the road

They even let Mihai ride the 660. I think he is shopping for one now!

More fantastic landscape of Colombia! The gray skies dont make for the best pics but these are pics you have to get gray skies or not

This old guy working hard gathering wood. It is a different and often hard life living in the mountains

Today was a great ride all the way around. We just missed really bad weather, met some really cool other riders and had epic roads and photo ops all day. I have to drive north through this section of road. I cant wait to see and do it all again

I am here: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...f53b74b2cb510d
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote