View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #29
Veter OP
El viajador

Oddometer: 36
tricepilot, sure if it helps anyone

MikeMike,

Thanks for the tips. man, I agree with everything you said. Here is my explanation of what was going on for the others to learn from my mistakes.

1. I always wear gloves and was going without them that day only in order to control my camera. And here it comes.
2. When she started to brake, in my understanding she was going to stop at the roadside as ppl there often do. That is why I moved to the left to get ready to pass her. When she started moving left herself it happenned really fast and the only thing I could do was braking and drifting. Actually at that point I decided that they were bandidos trying to hijack my bike as the movement was really fast and aggressive. I had a pepper gun in my pocket and after I rolled from a bike I was waiting for them to open the door of the car to pull it out and use it.
3. I was breaking only with the front brake. After the incident I'm building up a habit to use both.
4. BMW pants saved my foot, I would definitely have broken it as I was in severe pain even with protection

mark883,

Ending up with a bottle of meskal in not an option for me. I need quite different takeaways from this trip :)
I just spent 2 weeks with a beautiful girl at a kiteboarding spot near lake Arenal and today plan to cross to Panama. Life is good and tough moments sometimes make it better - noone remembers just an ordinary day

Veter screwed with this post 02-14-2013 at 06:16 AM
Veter is offline   Reply With Quote