View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #19
jules083 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,220
Well I got it, its the flatbed one with the 12" wheels. I thought about the other 2, both the lighter flatbed and the carrier that's already done. The little tires just seemed like a bad idea to me. They probably would have been fine, it just looked like they would be even more bouncy. I'd imagine there's a reason the expensive trailers use bigger wheels.

I'm putting it together now. Going to follow the build from the link I posted. The first step for me is to get the thing together and see how it pulls. I'm going to put some weight on it and hook it to the truck just to see if its going to be bouncy or sway. If so its a firewood trailer.

Question, do you guys think I really need to deck it in? The car top carriers generally support themselves on 2 bars, so I don't think it would need a floor. Maybe just a couple of light cross braces to keep the frame from twisting?

Also, most guys seem to extend the hitch between 8" and 20", and some narrow the trailer. Any opinions there? I can go either way, but most of the guys that narrow it only go 4" or so. Seems like that little bit wouldn't make much difference.

All typos and misspellings blamed on my phone.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote