View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #18377
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
Top right above roadbook shows speed. And not CAP on the vid.
Yes - I was going to say, that device in the video is actually the 'SpeedoCap' unit by ERTF (I have one on my bike) - which is basically the new/expanded version...

It hooks into the UNIK GPS unit (supplied by the organisation) and you can select which info you want it to display from Cap heading, Speed over ground, plus a Trip meter (based on the info in the GPS). The really nice thing is, you can actually select a combination of two readouts at the same time if you wish - so speed and heading, or trip and speed etc.

Although the trip section of the display is not adjustable like an ICO/IMO unit, it does reset itself to the correct distance every time you pass a waypoint - so makes a good back-up ICO, just as long as you don't get too lost of course!

I typically use it in Cap and Speed combined mode - and it is handy for any speed controlled zones as DavidD says, particularly as the Speedo section has a visual warning if you are about to go over a speed limit that has been set in the GPS...

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote