Thread: Near Ramona
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #158
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

Oddometer: 566
Ok, back to Loreto.

I met a very cool Canadian guy that keeps an XR400 in Loreto. He rides really well and doesn't need to say much about it. He knew an ex-USA guy, that now lives in Loreto, that rides a completely hammered YZ 426. This guy needs to talk a lot about his riding! We agreed to meet for a "man's" ride the next day. Looking at my rear tire, and being too lazy to change it, I decided to take a "girl's" bike. I mean, I asked Rollergirl if she would mind if I borrowed her bike, seeing as it had a good trials tire on the rear. I hadn't really ridden her bike much before.

Anyway, the "men" met up in town the next day. Yamaha-guy took off out of town super fast, followed by Canadian Jeff. Then me on my wife's bike. I don't ride very fast, and rairly ride with guys that are throwing huge roosts and drifting every corner. I thought that I was going to have a hard time keeping up. Hopefully they would wait for me.

But then I realised that Rollergirl's 250 xcf-w is a freakin' amazing bike. It is very light, has super low gearing but can also go really fast because the engine can scream. So, as soon as we got off the fire roads and onto a rougher surface, the girl's bike was suddenly in the lead. Loose, rocky, steep? More please!

Beer for lunch.

Awesome ride. Thanks Jeff and Rick!

Thanks Baja!

And thank you Rollergirl, for the best vacation ever. Thank you for being such a positive, loving, giving, and capable partner. Thank you for the wonderful memories. And thanks for letting me ride your bike - my love for my 450 is now ruined.

WHYNOWTHEN screwed with this post 02-14-2013 at 02:43 PM
WHYNOWTHEN is offline   Reply With Quote