View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #206
Funky Monkey Hostel
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Beds & Gated parking

Hello everyone. I've been told by a few of you guys on road trips staying with us to put this info up for the rest of you so you can enjoy it too. The hostel is located in Mazatlan, Mexico which is the port city after the supper long ferry from La Paz, Baja California. Mazatlan is your start for the Devil's Backbone ride to Durango. I've been told it's the best ride in all of Mexico and maybe all of Central America too. So I hope this place help you on your journey. Send me a message on facebook if you have any questions.

1. State: Sinaloa
2. City: Mazatlan
3. Hotel Name: Funky Monkey Hostel
4. Address/directions/coordinates: 112 Cerro Boludo, Lomas de Mazatlan. It's on Google maps too
5. Rating: Up to you all but I've made it as amazing as I could :-)
6. Comments on Location: Located in the best area of Mazatlan, lots of close restaurants, bars, shopping and the beach
7. Rate: $12 for dorm beds and $35 for private rooms with kitchenettes
8. Secure Parking?: Yes but limited
9. Hot water: Yes
10. AC: When needed during the hot months
11. Fans: Always
12. Service/Language Spoken: English and some Spanish
13. Overall impression: I like it but you should read the reviews on tripadvisor and hostelworld. All 5 stars.
14. Date of Visit: I own it
15. Website of Hotel: https://www.facebook.com/FunkyMonkeyHostel & http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...fic_Coast.html

What We Offer:
2 private rooms with their own kitchens, bathrooms a couch and air conditioning for hot nights.*
5 spacious dorm rooms*that sleep from 4 to 8 people,*all with comfortable beds and pillows.
Rooftop terrace with hammocks, perfect for relaxing day or night, watching amazing sunsets and having some beers.
Swimming pool with waterfall, lounge chairs.
2 communal kitchens to help you save your travel money or to cook that hard to find favorite meal
Indoor chill areas / common rooms with TV
Air conditioning provided in rooms at night when needed
Free cable TV & DVD players
Free WiFi*
Hot showers*
Book exchange
Board games
Free drinking water
Free parking
Funky Monkey Hostel is offline   Reply With Quote