View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
kawi_girl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Well I can't resist chiming in here, I love my 650r and think that for me it's a great touring machine. Comfortable, economical and reliable. Biggest trip was over 7000km, and I've done 4 big trips and many weekend trips as well. If you like the ergonomics of the bike then throw on some cases and you're good to go. There are many bikes out there that you can tour with (well, technically, just about anything goes. I don't think that touring is only for a certain class of bike.) For myself, I just think that the power is enough, the weight is right (as in, not too heavy!) and who can say no to that Kawi green? ( well, okay, not everyone is going to agree on that point)

I use Givi hard cases (sides and top case) plus a tank bag, and sometimes a wolfman duffle on the passenger seat. Still handles great with all that stuff.

I could ride forever. Well, except for fill ups I guess, which you can comfortably do every 250km. And that doesn't matter if you've been putzing through construction or flying along the super slab at 130km/h+

Previous Ride: 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500ex

kawi_girl screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 08:19 AM
kawi_girl is offline   Reply With Quote