View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #326
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Knife on left hand scheduled for March 8th. Dr says I should be cleared for full activity in 3-4 weeks. I hope he's right. I'll also use this time to immobilize my left ADV-salute finger to resolve another overuse issue.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Who's the doc? I've had multiple surgeries on both wrists and don't have a scaphoid in left anymore. Ended up in Vail going to see Dr. Viola at Steadman Hawkins. He was the only guy in the region who could fix me up after a botched job in Wheatridge. I can not say enough good stuff about Dr. Viola. Its a loong story dating to an injury in college playing tackle football inspired by a late night of partying...and then years of abusing it via mtn bike.

Do expect some hand therapy afterwards to get motion back. Good job RF of saving yourself some $ and fully stress testing your doc's work! LOL

Hopefully you're just getting carpal tunnel surgery. I had that too as a result of first surgery and it was not too big of a deal. I had the open variety....scope is obviously much less traumatic vs totally slicing your palm open.

Good luck for sure!
Dave

dmac1 screwed with this post 02-14-2013 at 08:38 PM
dmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote