View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #2228
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
I get it now. MCN is simply parrotting a claim from KTM, which says on one of its web pages for the bike:

"The new 1190 Adventure sets the standard for the whole travel segment: 150 hp with a weight of only 230 kg fully tanked give rise to a power-to-weight ratio previously unheard of in this class and hence to unrivalled ride dynamics."

So, obviously KTM does not consider the Multistrada to be a member of the class.

They are saying that it is a lot more powerful than a GS or an Adventure 990 and a lot lighter than an Explorer, Stelvio, Crosstourer or Super Ten. Anything with a 17-inch front wheel and sports-profile rubber doesn't count.
Well I have the new Multi Strada Promotion Booklet from the dealer. The equivalent Multi to the KTM has a weight of 224 KGs according to the Ducati Material. Consider that the Multi has less fuel , the KTM might beat it ? In any case a very close contest. The lightest Multi is now 196 Kgs empty , so over 200kgs with fuel. If we go to one with a few options ie: KTM spec level then I'd say very close. THe Ducati booklet says power is up 110.3 Kw , this is just so marginal not worth a debate. In reality we need someone to weigh both bikes.