View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeexc View Post
Thanks, Yes I spoke to rally raid but was thinking I could buy the gear for less than he was talking to hire. the more simple the better, takes me all my time to put a post on a forum
As I understand it, John will rent you the gear, and if you decide to buy it afterwards, he gives you the rental price as a discount off the purchase price?

The Rally Raid navigation set-up is extremely well proven - it would be worth it in the long run... and if you go for their Rally Lite (bar-mounted package, with the plate and wiring etc.) it is completely self-contained and a 10 minute job to fit; and as I mention above, would always be very easy to sell on afterwards...

Jx

ps. If you are not familiar with the workings of the roadbook and ICO equipment, it might be worth contacting Torque Racing (who as it happens are also a UK agent for the Hellas Rally), and ask about one of their 'roadbook training' courses that they run here in the UK... It will really help you get used to the equipment before you get to the start line - it can be very frustrating trying to learn it all in the heat of competition!

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 02-15-2013 at 10:59 AM
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote