View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #188
toz35
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Whoo hoo

The time off is approved... In 2010 I hit the D2D at the end of a 16k mile trip and had a great time, met good people and saw some wonderful country. In 2011 I got rear ended at an intersection in May and could not get to the D2D.

Now, another trip north. We will be leaving on the 8th or 9th from Washington and heading to Fairbanks for some fun. We will come up the Cassiar with a stop in Hyder to get Hyderized. After Fairbanks we will head down the road for a night at Chicken before we hit Dawson. I would like a trip to Inuvik after Dawson, or at least to the Arctic circle sign and I suspect there will be lots of company for that part of the ride. To see some new terrain I am thinking about turning left at Carmacks and coming into Watson Lake from the north. We have to be home on the 30th so the route from Watson Lake will be open, maybe down the AK hiway or maybe back down the Cassiar.

Looking forward to this trip, it will be the first long trip on a hack. We are open to anyone that might like to join us for any portion of the trip. Input as to the quality of the road between Carmacks and Watson Lake would be appreciated.
'99 R1100 R
, now with sidecar attached
IBA #34732
toz35 is offline   Reply With Quote