View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #33
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
I've also towed trailers with my bikes.

It's noisy. Largely from the noise reflected back at you from the trailer. But also the engine pulls harder, and the trailer makes noise itself.

Make sure your hitch on the bike is solid. I've made several over the years. Very solid ones work fine, wiggly ones give you nightmares.

Most motorcycle trailers are overbuilt and excessively heavy. I had one for years that weighed 40 lbs. The whole trailer. That pulled nicely.

Bigger wheels spin slower and easier than tiny wheels. Matters a whole lot on the interstate.

It's not the potholes that get you, it's the barriers around gas pumps and such. When you forget there's a trailer back there.

Always think through the turn around. Backing with a trailer on a bike is not fun.
thanks, good tips

I have always had the thought of a trailer for my V-strom in the back of my mind, there are other things that are way higher priority
I almost think I would prefer a mono-wheel type pulling a trailer isn't my fear , its stopping that concerns me, I know the difference is substantial between solo and 2up. Adding a trailer has to add several more feet, or are linked braking systems available?
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote