View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer
Joined: Feb 2008
Oddometer: 1,391
If you cross the border with your phone you will be in a totally
different region and face extremely high charges for roaming
etc etc
My friend who is an expert on this topic says you should get your
phone unlocked by Verizon or anybody with the expertise and then
in Canada buy a Canada SIM card so you pay Canadian rates . Without
that you will pay dearly. Can behundreds of dollars even without making a call.
Personally I have am iPhone. But have the SIM card removed . I have the
iCall app installed and can make free phone calls out only as long as I am in a wifi access zone . Works fine for my limited needs
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote