View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
gpskevin OP
gpsKevin

Oddometer: 112
Sunday 7/3 Day 2: Ride Destination: Midway BC

Great Day, no one hurt!

Starting happy.....?

This morning we started a little late. We hopped on our bikes and rode down the abandoned railway. The trail followed a nice rolling river and the entire morning we were watching the beautiful river as we sped down the road. After about an hour of riding we stopped for a hearty breakfast at Billy’s Family Restaurant.

We had a large breakfast there where my dad yet again got asked by a fellow biker about his HP2. Again we were on our way down the trail and throughout the entire day we came across many huge tunnels and bridges that the trains used to pass over in the old days.

We stopped at a river crossing to have a snack and figure out how we were going to get across.

Missy Explains Tree Down From a Beaver

After the river crossing my dad came across a baby bear. Unlucky for me it ran away before I could see it and we thought it a better idea to leave rather then let the mother bear come after us. Then we came to a town and got a refill on gas. We passed over a gorgeous mountain and down the valley.

Then there was a swamp in the middle of the railway bed:

Missy Crosses the Swamp

When we discovered it was 3 pm and we still had 73 miles to go we made a decision to take the road instead of the dirt trail. We arrived at the Mile Zero Motel which is a lot nicer then the previous place at around 6pm. We ate dinner at the only restaurant in town (in the motel). And now off to bed because it was a long day and we are both very sore. I am not sure if I will be able to make the entire trip. This is long and hard and my body is already fatigued.

Slideshow of Pics from the day

Upcoming BC Railways Ride 2013 join us

gpskevin screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 05:52 AM
gpskevin is offline   Reply With Quote