View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
gpskevin OP
gpsKevin

Oddometer: 111
Monday 7/4 Day 3: Ride Destination: Rock Island

Today we got up and rode a little until we hit the Anaconda Café. There we ate nice big Spanish style omelets. (But they weren’t very Spanish tasting coming from So Cal.)

We left the Café to head out on our last say of the abandoned railroad trail. Apparently the trail is mostly for hiking. But as my father forgot to point that out we had to do a bunch of backtracking and finding alternate routes. (And might I add, those of you that know my father, know that he is not one for following the law. But let me tell you this is the most I have ever seen him follow the law in my entire life. He goes the speed limit and if not under. He won’t go on any trail that is not specified for motorcycles. It’s crazy. It’s a new Kevin.)

So we finished up the railroad track with many more cool bridges and tunnels just the same as the pervious days. In the afternoon we took the highway and followed along the Columbia River. It is absolutely breathtaking and the river is so large.

And we went to dinner in a small town at a German pizza place that was quite good. Now we are staying in a yurt which is basically a glorified tent with and composting toilet. I think I might want one in my back yard!

This abandon Railroad stuff is fantastic! I can't believe you can still ride these trails.

Photos of the Railways below in the slideshow. These are awesome!

Slideshow of Pic from the day

Upcoming BC Railways Ride 2013 join us

gpskevin screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 04:53 AM
gpskevin is offline   Reply With Quote