View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Aventeren OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Did It: US to Ushuaia, Argentina
Oddometer: 181
Is this idea possible...

Okay, I know that I may get laughed out of the site for this, but is there anyway that I can ride this damn bike to Punta Arenas from Ushuaia? I'd be looking at something like 300 km to the border, and then probably another 250-300 km to Punta Arenas? So about 550-600 km...maybe less. 80% would be on tarmac...and the other 20% would be on excellent gravel (which I road on the way down).

How long will a failing bearing hold out for?

It's making a lot of racket now, but the wheel is rolling.

Does anyone have any experience with pushing a failing FD bearing? If so, are there any tips or tricks?
Aventeren is offline   Reply With Quote