View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #50
slowoldguy OP
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,211
Day 7. Dash to the border through Galeana and Linares and Montemorelos.Kickstands up at 7:00. Back down 5 seconds later. Justin's KTM wouldn't crank in 33 degree weather and Rick had two flats. Yup. Two. And a burned out headlight. And a broken tail light. And a broken Jesse topbox rack (from jumping topes, I'd guess. He got to where he was getting good air. ;) ). This was the day that all the mechanical issues hit us and a hay bale almost took me and Aaron out. Yup. Just outta Montemorelos a compact truck with one bale too many was in front of us. Recognizing the danger I wicked it up to stay for as short a time as possible in the pinch zone.

Slight right hand corner uphill was enough to dislodge the bale which slid off the truck, somersaulted and landed directly in front of my front wheel. According to Rick it was a direct hit and I exploded the hay bale like something in a movie. Hay got everywhere. I will just have to take his word for it. My eyes were closed. I knew I was going down. When I didn't my first thought was "Damn. I'm sure glad that guy couldn't bale hay."

slowoldguy screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 08:17 AM
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote