View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
duffs OP
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
Nice report, good reading.

Have a weak spot for Friesland. Spent 3 weeks honeymooning there, exploring each and every corner. Still chuckle for the copious breakfasts.

1200 miles in 4 days is quite hefty for traversing areas so densely packed with history and sights. Do you consider to do it over at a more leisurely pace?

Have a blast in the Alps and don't forget to take ample pictures. That's good stuffing for a ride report
This is the first time I've really explored my roots, I've done a few flying visits in the past but not in any detail. I am slightly disappointed in myself for not having done this sooner. And the breakfasts certainly were generous as you mention!!

I lived for some time in Vancouver Canada and become accustomed to covering long distances in short times - we used to drive to Los Angeles and back for a 5 day getaway, Edmonton Alberta for a weekend and Seattle for a day trip... a bit mad perhaps but it was always good fun. My first brand new car was a 1995 Honda Accord and in 4 years I put 120,000km on it...

As for doing the Nederlands and back over 4 days - I think because I was seeing/staying with family it made a bit of a difference because I didn't have to give any thought about where I was going to sleep so the 4-day journey was almost like going to a second home and back, if that makes sense at all?

I am really looking forward to the alps as I've only done them by car previously and barely scratched the surface... will defo take a few pics and I got myself a GoPro Hero3 for a belated Christmas gift to myself, so a few vids as well!

g

Blog: Gelände Straßetastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote