Thread: 2013 Giant Loop
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #85
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Here is my new Fandango tank bag on a DR650 with an IMS gas tank.

The cutout on the bag base allowed me to move the tank bag up on the tank and move it over the gas cap some (Acerbis gas cap. fits all IMS tanks). You have a wide range of location to position this bag.

My previous tank bag needed to sit behind the gas cap. This caused the bag's rear edge to be angled out and up (vrs straight up & down like this bag) & thus the top rear edge was right where my crotch was. Because of this, it was in my standing space and was not good. I was constantly banging into the bag when standing.

Giant Loop's design changed all that. The gas cap cutout is deep and thus I could move the bag far enough up the tank and forward. This created the standing room I need but I moved it not so far forward that the bag interfered with the bars. My final placement was that the bars & controls barely touched the front of bag and gave me tons of standing room on the back side. Very happy!!!!!

Thats a nice settup,I guess the Acerbis cap needs no vent tube coming out the top?Very handy for the tank bag.