View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 626
If you're in the Grass Valley/Nevada City area, Sierra Motor Sports is a great shop. Granted, this is a small town in the foothills (near the forest) and their KTM bike inventory is mostly focused on the off road scene. But I have to give a shout out to them because yesterday they saved my butt.

Short version: I bought two KTMs from them in 2010. Although I am not in the market for a new bike (yet), I try to get as many stock parts for my bikes just to support them. In turn, they support their customers.

Yesterday I was taking the long way home (read: I was about seven miles out in the woods on the other side of the creek). Suddenly, my kickstand safety switch decided to die and the 990 was not going to run once it was in gear. Naturally, I didn't have my cell phone with me, but a passer by stopped and asked if I needed help. I didn't know anyone's number off the top of my head, and I was trying to figure out a way to bypass the safety switch. The guy who stopped not only knew of the shop, but also had their number on his cell phone. (The shop sells a lot of generators to folks out in the woods.) The guy drove down the road a bit to find cell coverage and offered to ask the shop owner for some advise on figuring out the bypass. The guy then returns to tell me that the owner first told me to not try to bypass the system (on the 990), and second to wait about an hour as they were sending a truck out to get me. Sure enough, an employee showed up and he hauled the bike and me home - no charge! You can't beat that kind of service!

Guess where I will be shoping for my next bike?

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote