View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #138
Tropic-Of-Canada OP
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 844
So this is mid-September, I still can't believe how nice it is! We camped out at Mcglaughlin Lake, a spot I will definitely be returning to, and it's just up the road from Ash Lake!

IMG_2651

I had my fishing rig ready, and it turned out the guys came ready for trolling! The 8X12 foot wharf had a transom, and out of their truck, they pulled out a 25 horse motor! Guillaume reminded us that technically, any vessel over ten horse must be registered! Imagine numbers on this old thing! It was perfect for trolling however, just dont give it any power, or the front starts to dive!

IMG_2655

The wildlife was friendly too.

IMG_2665

IMG_2681

IMG_2670

We caught over a dozen fish by trolling over a few hrs, All in all, it was a great weekend, exceptional indian summer weather, great fishing, and I met some cool people up island! I hope to meet up with Aaron and Guillaume again one day,its good to have a few fishing/camping buddies. I'm sure they could show me lots of sights on the north end of the island. we exchanged info, in hopes of meeting up again, maybe next summer. Sure hope so, it was a blast!
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote