Old 02-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #65
Steve canyon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
The Ford

[QUOTE=biggus;20743469]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve canyon View Post
Then it got really hard, bikes in the river, sunk boats and a lot of sweat and laughter.

Then it got Dark, we ended up in guest house about 9.30 pm, the jungle is a scary place at night and navigation is even harder.

I remember this crossing very well. It is on the way to Villabury. Some very LARGE boulders in that crossing. I would of never made it across without the help of my 2 riding partners, Frank and Justin.

Frank crossed this on his KTM 690E like a mad man. He was the first one to cross so he came back to lend a hand when he seen me stuck on a large rock. Justin took his KTM 525 across the easy way on the boat. He thought he was going to stay dry. That was until he decided to come and assist Frank. Great guys to ride with...Well that is if you can keep up with them.

Justin and Frank making their way back to shore after lending the Big Katoom a hand.

Looks Like you guys had as much fun as we did cant beat a bit of team work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus View Post
Will be looking forward to your next installment of the trip report.

I live over here in Ubon Ratchathani and cross at the Chong Mek/Vang Tao crossing since it is the only land border near. I have not tried my hand with the bridges since I don't like rejection.

I have sent you a PM.
Non Khai-Vientiane is cool for solo bikers.....groups without caravan permits are chancing their luck..

Catching up slowly.....Apparently the term Loas PDR means please don't rush....