View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #55
Offroadie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Ned,

Great to see another XCF out there. We can be "spares buddies" as I have a few in a box heading out to Tunisia.

I have a 2009, 450 that has pretty much all of the same modifications as yours ..... except I have no fairing. My service support team will be Desert Rose Racing.

I bought the bike for the Tuareg last year as I had an entry but still no bike by the beginning of January. For some reason a dealer close to me (in Scotland) had a new one in a packing crate. (I believe they were put together mostly for South Africa and the USA). Money changed hands before a quick build ensued, then off it went to the 2012 Tuareg. It ran pretty faultless even with the cack handed abuse that I dished out to it.

It also did the Serres Rally in greece last year and the thing ran faultlessly all week. It just needs a better/fitter/younger pilot who knows which direction to head in and then it could be a match for anything.

Interested to have a look at your rally moto kit as it seems like a good fit for the bike.

See you there.
Offroadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote