View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #13
gpskevin OP
gpsKevin

Oddometer: 111
Tuesday 7/5 Day 4: Ride Destination: Merritt (Tire Change Day)

This morning’s ride started bright and early.

We jumped onto the local ferry to cross the Columbia River. That was pretty cool considering I have never been on a ferry before.

We rode some logging roads and saw many mountain sides that had been cleared of the beautiful trees. As we headed on we were driving on the road when all of a sudden a mother moose ran right in front of my dad. She was gorgeous and ran right across, afraid of us, not like the other moose in the video. We then tried to search and find the mother reunite with the baby but that was a failed attempt.

Not the real picture, we were not able to get a pic. You Know "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

Today we came into the last big town that we will probably see on the entire ride, so we stopped at the local Beamer store and got a new tire for the HP2. After the clerk telling us that it would cost $110 per hour for labor my dad decided that he would take matters into his own hands. And so, he changed the tire right in front of the store in the middle of the parking lot. (Not that surprising for Kevin…but still funny.) We stopped for lunch at a food chain called Tim Hortons. Then we finished off the ride with some nice street riding and traveled along the highway. And might I add as you drive along the highway you see some of the most beautiful natural swamps. I will take pictures and send them along another day.

Slide Show of Picture from the Day

Upcoming BC Railways Ride 2013 join us

gpskevin screwed with this post 02-19-2013 at 04:53 AM
gpskevin is offline   Reply With Quote