View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #77
Bake
adventurer

Oddometer: 10,511
Casey, congrats with your new motorcycling interest. Learning to ride off road is the best way, after the very basics from a course. Once a streak of sand in a corner is something you've dealt with a thousand times on dirt, seeing the same patch of sand on the street isn't near as big a deal. You'll know what a little slippage of the back tire feels like, and have the feel for riding different surface conditions. Sand on street corners is just a way of life here in Wichita.

Next time Bill and I head out to Butler Co, I'll ping these Wichita guys here and see if anyone wants to go with 2 old grouches on "250" Hondas. It's basically just cruising around in the Flint Hills, without any plan, so we end up lost or clear to hell and gone sometimes. I think he'll have his CRF305L put back together soon, he should be back from the Indy show today. Hard to say, he's run the 283 engine 30 times on the dyno. Now it's into the next size kit, the 305, and he;s got all kinds of other pipes and controllers and all this other head work and valve replacement stuff he's doing. He likes hot rodding something more than actually using it.

Bake is offline   Reply With Quote