Thread: Honda CB500X
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #211
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidc83 View Post
Dealers have not put their orders for the x yet, they can't-poppa Honda is not accepting orders for the x yet. Any dealer stating a price for the x is blowing smoke. The Honda reps at the Indy show yesterday don't know when Honda will take orders for the x, when the x will ship, or the price. The r and f version will ship in March.
For the guy who stated their local dealer wasn't charging extra fees-need to check the msrp-the r msrp is $5999 and the f is $5499. The Honda reps did say the x version will be limited production this year, so if you want one, you should get on your dealer list; they also stated not all dealers will get the x, and the ones which do, may only get one. One rep told me he believed the x price would be $6499, one rep told me he believed $5799, and one rep told me he believed it would be the same as the r.
I set on the 500s, the 700, and all 6-7 ctx bikes they had. I really k
Liked the nc 700 before I went to the Indy show. Egonomicaly, I was more comfortable on the 500x, the ctx500s next, and the nc700 the least. I am 5'10" with 32" inseam. If the x sell for less than $6000, I will be buying one.
Check
At the top for fee's http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/ They do charge a $100 title fee the last time I talked to them, but no prep or freight. Once on the site take a look at the showroom, then new inventory. page 1 has the cb500f standard for $$5,299 and below that they have the ABS model for $5,799. Go to the second page and you will see the cb500r for $5,699 and the ABS model below for $6,249 They do have a 2012 leftover 650 v-strom adventure for $7,799 + $100 title fee witch is pretty tempting with the 0% financing suzuki is offering right now.
theloop is offline   Reply With Quote