View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #37
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBach View Post
Just thought I'd add a little more to this.
Curiosity got a hold of me Friday so I emailed for more info since I was still interested in the bike.

I got a pretty quick reply that the guy had traded a buddy for a Raptor 700 ATV about a month ago and that's why he had it. Not sure how true the timeline is since somebody else mentioned it being for sale for quite a while. The guy had a clean title but the reg wasn't current. He sent the VIN so I called DMV to see what kind of $$ was owed on it and see if the title came back clean or with a lien holder. Turns out it hadn't been registered since 2008 and had over $800 in fees/penalties. I was still considering going to look at it and offering even less than Tyluk had worked out with the guy but ended up sucking it up and buying a 2008 990 from another inmate on here since I really wantd the FI and figured I'd just end up selling the 950 for a 990 down the road.

Anyway, just a heads up in case somebody is still thinking about the bike. Seems like it could be a good deal if you can use the back fees as some more bargaining power and then get around paying them by either registering it out of state or something.
CA charges fees even if you stop registering? That sucks. In OR they just charge you starting in the renewal month but no back year.

The sellers story sounds real fishy to me plus there seems to be several different stories.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote