View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #32
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangia View Post
JR Wooden, Thank you for the reply regarding the Burnsmoto switch. Stephen from Burnsmoto replied that he has "stopped making and selling that cable as sales were very low. i would use the GS911 to diagnose your problem."

Regarding my ABS not turning off: My dealer was able to identify the problem - it is within the BMSK. There is no fault that will display on their shop diagnostic computer system for this particular situation. To diagnose, they put in a donor BMSK and then the ABS would turn off - so that is how the issue was diagnosed. They will have a replacement BMSK delivered in 1-2 weeks.

I have to hand it to my dealer - they were resourceful and put in a lot of extra hours to get this resolved as fast as they could.

Regarding riding with the ABS on - I did go for another ride yesterday, an 85 mile loop of dirt, gravel and forest service roads that I use as my "training ground" and there were a few times I wish I could have locked up the rear wheel. Instead, I had to downshift a lot more and not go into corners as fast as I might otherwise.
I'm glad they figured it out!
Most of the time the ABS is fine, but there was this one time I was forced of the road on to a short section of dirt/gravel and the ABS kicked in inhibiting me from locking up the back wheel... I quickly saw that I was going to go through the guard rail at the end of the cutout if I didn't come up with another plan ... I was cussing the ABS the entire time ..........

I ended up squeezing back onto the edge of the asphalt right behind the jerk that had cut me off and managed to save things ...............

I think I would change the programming of the rear ABS to add a "rule" that says if the rider has attempted to have the REAR tire locked up for more than (say) 3 seconds ... go ahead and let him do it.......
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote